Objectives in training in influencing skills
Material prepared to be highly relevant to client situation and delivered experientially using the principles of Action Learning and Adult Learning. All participants prepare action plans for implementation of their selected strategies and actions after the workshop.
||For internal and external consultants
- we don't have any power but we may have some influence
- in fact, influence is all we have
||Relevant to anyone who works with others .!
1. Understanding influence - the big picture - then focusing in on your situation
2. Practical applications - using influencing skills in specific circumstances
- Cialdini's 'weapons of compliance'
- Managing relationships
(a) Characteristics of relationships & building trust
(b) Your relationship maintenance program
- Setting and clarifying client expectations
- Client meetings - key features
- 'Tricky situations'
(a) Settings: time and place, environment
(b) Body language
(c) Verbal language: what to say, what not to say
- Assessing client / audience perspectives
- Preparing for persuasion
3. Difficult Conversations
- Delivering and receiving feedback
- Managing de-briefing - self and group
- In the context of the grief cycle
- delivering bad news
- dealing with complaints
dealing with 'difficult people'
managing the change process
dealing with resistance
Contact Consultant Training Australia
For a discussion on your requirements, please contact Ian Benjamin at Consultant Training Australia.
Telephone: 03 9593 1678 (1800 266 266 outside Vic) or 0419 593 167